Your lawn will need a professional fertilizer program to achieve optimal growth and health. At Ken Steenstra Landscaping, we provide professional fertilizer services to address the unique needs of your landscape. Our services are available throughout Midland Park, NJ, and the surrounding areas.
Importance of Lawn FertilizationThere is more to professional fertilization than maintaining a healthy-looking lawn and landscape. There are different ways in which our fertilizer program can benefit your landscape:
- Strengthening the root structure.
- Assisting with water retention and durability.
- Making grass healthier and thicker to support weed control.
Our custom basic fertilization program follows 6 steps that further enhance these benefits. It helps replenish essential nutrients for growth, promote new leaf and root growth, weed reduction and control, and recovery from foot traffic and pest damage.
Most types of weed seeds find it difficult to penetrate the soil under a healthy and thick lawn. The ones that can are unable to get enough sunlight and water required to germinate. Effective fertilization can thus feed the right plants and starve the weeds.
Our Basic Fertilizer ProgramOur basic fertilizer program focuses on maintaining the health of the turfgrass. The program involves applications from April through November and supplies all the nutrients required for each growing season.
The steps are as follows:
- Early Spring – Fertilizer With Pre-Emergence (April 16 – April 30) A spring fertilizer for fast green-up combined with a pre-emergence to stop crabgrass before it appears.
- Mid Spring – Broadleaf Weed Control (May 1 – May 16) A liquid weed killer to provide fast results in the control of broadleaf weeds.
- Early Summer – Fertilizer and Insect Control (June 15 – June 30) Fertilizer to keep lawn vigorous going into the stress of summer time along with an insecticide for surface feeding insects.
- Summer – Grub Control (July 1 – July 15) This step is optional. Not all lawns require grub control. If you have had a problem in the past with grubs or we feel your lawn is susceptible to grub damage, we will recommend this step as part of your lawn care program.
- Late Summer – Fertilizer and Weed Control (August 25 – September 10) Fertilizer with iron for deep greening and spot weed control for stubborn weeds or post-emergence spot treatment for crabgrass.
- Fall – Fertilizer and Lime (November 15 – November 30) High nitrogen fertilizer for strong root growth coupled with lime to maintain proper pH levels in the soil, which will allow other chemicals to perform better.
We also provide tree fertilization services. Some newly planted trees specifically require fertilization for better root growth. When the roots have properly set-up, a regular boost of nutrients may be required to fight stress.
We at Ken Steenstra Landscaping have over 34 years of experience in the landscaping industry. Our crew comprises specialized experts in their areas and is fully equipped with the tools and resources required to inspect, plan, and implement programs. For more information, give us a call at 201-857-8700. You may also send us a message from our Contact Us page and we will get back to you with the required information.
We Provide Services to the Following Cities, Towns and Surrounding Regions of NJ: